Wedding Eye Makeup Tricks
The eyes have it! - or they will with some easy wedding eye makeup tricks.
The best trick of all is to eat a nutritious diet and get plenty of exercise and sleep (they don't call it beauty sleep for nothing!)
The eyes are mirrors of your health and well-being. If you are fit and healthy, your eyes should be clear, shiny and slightly damp. If they are red, puffy, bloodshot or watery, or if they feel gritty or strained, then something is not quite right!
One of the first places to show your age is the eye contour area, where the skin is as much as five times thinner than on the rest of your face.
As well as thinking about using an eye cream daily, avoid rubbing tired eyes and stretching this delicate skin.
With bright, healthy eyes on your wedding day - and a few extra wedding eye
makeup tricks up your sleeve - everybody else's peepers will be focused on
"Beauty is how you feel inside and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical."- Sophia Loren
Wedding Eye Makeup Tricks Preparation
- Use a tiny amount of illuminating eye cream just beneath the eye and up to the brow bone to help brighten and refresh.
- A very tiny blob of hair gel smoothed through your brows with a clean eyebrow brush or wand will keep them tidy.
- A light cream concealer or eyelid primer will provide a good base for eyeshadow colour.
- Blend shadow well into surrounding skin or adjoining colour of shadow.
- Emphasize good points and play down slight defects (see how to apply eye makeup.)
- Use good brushes.
- Use a wet brush and powder eyeshadow as eyeliner.
- Use a kohl pencil to draw a line along the inside of your upper/lower lids if you have big eyes to make them appear enormous. (but watch out because if you have small eyes this can make them appear even smaller!)
- Try pale coloured eye liner such as pale apricot or peach, pale beige, silver or pure white, for a very fresh-eyed look.
- Use a dab of pale colour on the inner corner of the eye, nearest the nose, for a fresh, wide-awake look.
- Keep your lashes strong and silky by removing your mascara every night!
- Don't pump the wand in and out of the mascara tube - it pushes in air, which dries it up.
- Wiggle the wand from side to side as you stroke the mascara from root to tip.
- Use a clean mascara wand or eyelash comb to separate your lashes between each coat.
- Best of all eye makeup tricks - false lashes - instantly widen your eyes and enhance your natural lashes.